- Physical Health
- Sexual Health
- Emotional Health
- Mental Health
The physical Health of an individual depends on the various factors that make up the well-being of the bodily activities. Such activities include;
The diet constituent needed for the body must be upheld by every student to maintain a good physical health system. Science has proven that carbohydrates and healthy fats are involved in energizing the brain for proper assimilation and memorization. Proteins with their tissue repairing mechanism contribute immensely to the body balance system, enzyme activity and tissue repair. Every student must understand and be acquainted with basic diet principle. Such as;
- Eat breakfast: Do not compromise your breakfast. Breakfast are known to start up a day, therefore your breakfast should contain energy producing foods.
- Always drink sufficient amount of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid eating over sugary foods and drinks.
The body is made up of skeletal frameworks which must be lubricated and calibrated so as to maximize the functionality of the body. Jogging, bike riding, lifting, yoga, and any other fitness training are the easily accessible exercise platforms to take advantage of.
There is a need for great amount of rest for everybody. Rest is an integral part of staying healthy. Have a comfortable bed specifically for the purpose of rest. Avoid using mobile phones or watching tv while in bed; keep your work space separate from your sleep space to avoid insomnia.
Managing your health conditions
Many individuals live with different health conditions which can only be maintained through time. As a student, you must always get your medications up to date and use them at the right time so as to keep yourself safe. Get information about your health condition; they control the maintenance and how to curb transmission to other student.
Sex which is a mating procedure has always been an object of test and exploration by college students. There is a need for every student to maintain a good sexual health life. Consider the following;
- Understand the factors associated with sexual practices
- Get tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Discuss the pros and cons of sexual practices with your partner
- Always make use of protection
- Maintain a regular examination and vaccination to prevent sexual infections
Emotions are the activities that contend with the learning ability of the student since they both use the mind for their proliferation. There is a need for proper maintenance of your emotional health to avoid distractions and stress. Relationship has proven to be the major source of heartbreaks and emotional stress. Whenever you are experiencing an emotional stress, always consult a doctor so as to avert the mishaps that comes with emotions. Don’t overload your heart with too many emotional relationships
Students has shown by statistics are prone to high risk of depression and mental disorder. Therefore there is need to constantly evaluate your mental stability and health-
- Don’t let stress lead to depression. If you are feeling stressed out, take a break and rest.
- Avoid the use of hard drugs and high dosage of customized medication.
- Maintain relationship with family and friends.
- Get involved in Volunteering activities on campus.
- Be acquainted with the signs of depression and have contact of your school psychiatrist.