Calculating admission average for international students | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Calculating admission average for international students

Currently reading:
Calculating admission average for international students

KristyHoney

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I am fully aware that Canadian schools evaluate international student's grades from A, B, C, D... etc. to percentage in sciences and other relevant courses. I want to know if they treat it as the same grades from Canadian high schools. Is the cutoff mark the same?

Last edited:

sprinkles

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I am fully aware that Canadian schools evaluate international student's grades from A, B, C, D... etc. to percentage in sciences and other relevant courses. I want to know if they treat it as the same grades from Canadian high schools. Is the cutoff mark the same?
Not at all, it is completely different. It is country-specific because the system of education in each country varies widely. You have to check the website of the school you are applying to to know the specific requirements for your country. For instance, in Iraq, they do national leaving exam and 70-75% is required for most programs whereas for international students from Turkey, the minimum requirement is 80% irrespective of the program.

KristyHoney

Jun 1, 2020
The issue is most schools that I am applying to in the Ontario region requires 70% for international students to study software engineering but require 90 min from the Ontarians.

It is really confusing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.