"Class of" meaning? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

"Class of" meaning?

Currently reading:
"Class of" meaning?

Dawnofdusk

Sep 15, 2019
When people use the word "class of" for example - "class of 2022", does that mean that's the year I started my program or the year I'll be finishing the program? From my own perspective, I think it the year the program start but at the same time, it doesn't sound right because I've seen people's instagram profile with "class of 2022" and it's still 2021 and from the look of it, they are in college already.

Lol I know this might sound dumb but can you guys explain it better.

Zain

Dec 26, 2019
It's the year you graduated not the year you started. Think about it, people drop out when you start college, some switch schools. Only the students that made it to the end that use class of X to indicate the year they graduated.

Canucksfan

Dec 17, 2019
Myself and friends in high school used it to mean that's the year we left high school. We even had an hoodie given to us by the school that said "Class of 2019".

Dawnofdusk

Sep 15, 2019
Lol the year you started would have made more sense though. If you leave earlier, then your "class of " will be that of a different class.

Presto

Sep 29, 2019
Lol the year you started would have made more sense though. If you leave earlier, then your "class of " will be that of a different class.
I think its the year you left. I remember in high school, our banner at our prom after grade 12 says "Class of 2018"

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
When people use the word "class of" for example - "class of 2022", does that mean that's the year I started my program or the year I'll be finishing the program? From my own perspective, I think it the year the program start but at the same time, it doesn't sound right because I've seen people's instagram profile with "class of 2022" and it's still 2021 and from the look of it, they are in college already.

Lol I know this might sound dumb but can you guys explain it better.
Graduated from the university last year and my profile on IG says "uOttawa 👩‍🎓 class of 2020" which means I graduated last year. You are definitely getting it wrong when you see it on people's profile.

caleb

Oct 31, 2019
Oh I've always thought it was the year you started. In my high school, the final year students wrote the year they started over chairs and tables etc.

Napalm

Sep 15, 2019
Its always the year you graduated. It has been like this for a long time. I've seen people have their IG and FB set wrong by putting the year they started.

Aubrey

Oct 7, 2019
Its always the year you graduated. It has been like this for a long time. I've seen people have their IG and FB set wrong by putting the year they started.
lol most of my friends on fb do this too. So basically they are are insinuating that they have graduated from college on their profile while in reality, they still in college :LOL:

LinkTainted

Sep 29, 2019
It's always the year you leave/graduate from the school. It's like that in the United States and other parts of the world too.

Avenger

Sep 11, 2019
This is common sense. It can only mean the year you left. If it's the year you started then there will be a lot of confusion with the students that's gonna leave before graduation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.