Do universities care about summer school | Student Matrix

Do universities care about summer school

Currently reading:
Do universities care about summer school

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys.. so I'm planning to study life sciences/bio program in the university. I have tried to make some research on different universities and their requirements; although Waterloo university is my first choice.

My question is- do universities care about students that took summer school? because I took summer school grade 12 maths and I'm worried if the university will deduct marks or not.

Any information you post will be useful. Thanks.

Centrino

Jul 29, 2020
I don't think you will have any issue in your own case because you going for life science and not engineering. Waterloo engineering is strict, they will deduct marks if your marks from grade 11 extremely increases.

Avenger

Sep 11, 2019
The chances of it affecting you is low unless your mark rises above an unusual score. somewhat around 7 to 10%. My friend had a 4% increase after taking grade 12 english in the summer and he got accepted by both schools he applied to

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
I don't think you will have any issue in your own case because you going for life science and not engineering. Waterloo engineering is strict, they will deduct marks if your marks from grade 11 extremely increases.
Hmm thanks for this. But I guess we are dealing with the admissions office here? What does the type of program i'm going for have to do with this?

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
The chances of it affecting you is low unless your mark rises above an unusual score. somewhat around 7 to 10%. My friend had a 4% increase after taking grade 12 english in the summer and he got accepted by both schools he applied to
is Waterloo part of the schools he applied to?

Marta

Official Blogger
Blogger
Sep 9, 2019
you can only get marks deduction if you did ENG4U in summer school.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.