Do universities look at grade 11 marks | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Do universities look at grade 11 marks

Currently reading:
Do universities look at grade 11 marks

KennethTed

Nov 14, 2019
Hi Everyone. I'm currently in grade 11 and apparently, I've been having a hard time this semester because of my marks. Now I'm worried if it gonna affect me when I'm about to begin my university admission process after I'm done with high school. Will the universities ask for my grade 11 marks when I'm about to begin my admission process? And will my application be rejected because of my bad grades? Do Grade 11 marks matter?

Marta

Sep 9, 2019
Are you applying for Early admissions? If "yes", then it does matter but if "no", your top 6 grade 12 marks will be the requirements you need when you apply for admission.

Honeycake

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Everyone. I'm currently in grade 11 and apparently, I've been having a hard time this semester because of my marks. Now I'm worried if it gonna affect me when I'm about to begin my university admission process after I'm done with high school. Will the universities ask for my grade 11 marks when I'm about to begin my admission process? And will my application be rejected because of my bad grades?
Most universities in Canada offer acceptance letters before the end of your grade 12. Thus, this makes your grade 11 grades very important because you'll be scrutinized based on your marks in grade 11.

ElGaba

Jun 9, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm new here and apparently I found this thread on google. I was gonna create a new thread because I'm having same concern.

Does grade 11 marks matter when applying for admission? My grade 11 marks wasn't good at all and it's so embarrassing 😫:D

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm new here and apparently I found this thread on google. I was gonna create a new thread because I'm having same concern.

Does grade 11 marks matter when applying for admission? My grade 11 marks wasn't good at all and it's so embarrassing 😫:D
Grade 11 marks only matters when getting early offers from university but getting a final admission into a college or university depends more on your grade 12 marks. It also depend on the program you going for and the university of your choice e.g. Some university requires either grade 11 bio or grade 12 bio, let's say for instance you have a higher mark while you in grade 12, the university or college will use that instead unless if the school precisely need grade 11 bio for that program, that's when they'll use the grade 11 mark. In a nutshell, each university requirements is different so having getting some information from the school itself will be a great help for you.

Jan 28, 2020
With grade 11 marks, you can get early admissions in Jan or Feb but this are programs with less competition. The competitive programs like engineering will require your grade 12 marks, usually the first semester grades.

ElGaba

Jun 9, 2020
Grade 11 marks only matters when getting early offers from university but getting a final admission into a college or university depends more on your grade 12 marks. It also depend on the program you going for and the university of your choice e.g. Some university requires either grade 11 bio or grade 12 bio, let's say for instance you have a higher mark while you in grade 12, the university or college will use that instead unless if the school precisely need grade 11 bio for that program, that's when they'll use the grade 11 mark. In a nutshell, each university requirements is different so having getting some information from the school itself will be a great help for you.
Thanks for your input..I'll be reaching out to each universities I have in mind. Hopefully it's gon work out for me

ElGaba

Jun 9, 2020
No problem buddy. If I may ask, how are you working on getting better grades in grade 12?
Honestly, I'm actually a good student.. I've had very good marks throughout high school so far but grade 11 wasn't a good one for me and I feel it because of the extra activities I always do after school everyday. Going to the gym and practising basketball, they always leave me worn out almost everyday. I barely have time to study, only during the weekends.

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
Honestly, I'm actually a good student.. I've had very good marks throughout high school so far but grade 11 wasn't a good one for me and I feel it because of the extra activities I always do after school everyday. Going to the gym and practising basketball, they always leave me worn out almost everyday. I barely have time to study, only during the weekends.
Hmm You can try your best to balance your schedule so all your activities could fit. To me, being an athlete ain't bad at all, in fact you have a whole lot of advantages when you are an athlete or when you in a school's sport team. Their are scholarships for students who are in a sport team and that can help you when you get into a university or college. So in my opinion, it’s not entirely a bad thing if you a sport person plus you can use that as an advantage.

ElGaba

Jun 9, 2020
Hmm You can try your best to balance your schedule so all your activities could fit. To me, being an athlete ain't bad at all, in fact you have a whole lot of advantages when you are an athlete or when you in a school's sport team. Their are scholarships for students who are in a sport teams and that can help you when you get into a university or college. So in my opinion, it not entirely a bad thing if you a sport person plus you can use that as an advantage.
Thanks for your advice.. apart from having passion in athleticism, I also have goals in playing for a university's basketball team. That way, I can have a lot of opportunities for success.
Although in my high school, we only have a football team but hopefully I'll get the chance of getting into my future university's basketball team.

Zain

Dec 26, 2019
@OP Everyone easily gets into the university this days, so I don't think you should be worried. My question is have u looked at the admissions requirement for each schools you're interested in? Usually competitive and better programs are based off your grade 12 marks (top 6) so universities don't care about your grade 11 marks like that. Grade 11 marks only matters when you're going for early admissions and a lot of competitive admissions don't do early admissions.

cybertron

Sep 15, 2019

Grade 11 marks actually do matter, even in some cases of early acceptance. For example- let's say you had a 70 in your grade 11 math, they might delay your admission until your grade 12 marks are available. Most universities receives acceptances before June of grade 12, so you will be accepted based on your grade 11 marks, it is also much more easier to get your s*** dealt with in grade 11 so you won't be having anxiety when you're about to start your admission process. What you need to do now is work on your marks in grade 12 by working hard and dedication, you will surely come back on track. ;)

Jinx

Jul 6, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
Usually, Canadian universities looks at your grade 11 marks for early admission, while for regular admission - universities will look at your final marks for first semester final marks and second semester mid-term marks for a conditional offer letter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.