Do you prefer dating people with a particular skin colour? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Do you prefer dating people with a particular skin colour?

Currently reading:
Do you prefer dating people with a particular skin colour?

KristyHoney

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone, I have seen a lot of people that say that they have preference for some skin colour type. Not that they hate other skin colour types or they are racist, they just always have affection for a particular skin colour person and they tend to date or even marry someone who suits their preference.

What is your take about this? Is it good or bad?

Personally, I don't have preference for skin colour. Whether you are dark or light in complexion, I can date you provided you have some attributes that I want in my partner.

Your contribution will be greatly appreciated.

MusicCzar

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone, I have seen a lot of people that say that they have preference for some skin colour type. Not that they hate other skin colour types or they are racist, they just always have affection for a particular skin colour person and they tend to date or even marry someone who suits their preference.

What is your take about this? Is it good or bad?

Personally, I don't have preference for skin colour. Whether you are dark or light in complexion, I can date you provided you have some attributes that I want in my partner.

Your contribution will be greatly appreciated.
Well, it isn't about racism or anything. In life, we all have preference for some things over others. Some people like water lettuce while some prefer spinach, some like the bubbling nature of London while some like the serenity of Glasgow. I think it all boils down to our personal preference.

I am light in complexion but I admire dark-skinned people. This is where we have to be clear, just because I don't want to date a light skin person doesn't give me the license to bully others with different colour, that is racism. You have to love them too, be friendly with them and communicate with them. After all, we can't marry everybody but we can't do it alone.

My first point of liking people is not because of their skin colour but because of some attributes they have. I don't aim at dating guys that smoke but that doesn't mean that I bully those that do otherwise.

So, I think we always have personal preference for a particular skin colour

Tachophobia

Jun 1, 2020
This is a sensitive topic but I totally understand your thought.

First of all, let me use this opportunity to say R.I.P to George Floyd.

To be honest, we always have preference for some certain qualities or attributes over others. It doesn't necessarily have to be skin colour, it could be shape, height, intelligence, beauty, among others. Personally, i don't have preference for a certain skin colour over others when it comes to dating. I have some metrics for grading my partner. The person must meet some criteria or qualities before I can go into a relationship with them.

Once you meet these requirements, then we are good to go, I have no problem with your skin colour.

aaay

Jun 1, 2020
Smiles, light guys anyday anytime mehn
There are better ways you could have said this. This sounds somehow and it rings a bell especially in this period. I think you should have been a bit explicit in your explanation. Generally, we all have preference for some things over others but our ways of expressing ourselves shouldn't paint you a racist.

Bye for now.

gridbash

Feb 17, 2021
For me it doesn’t matter. The girl I’m dating could be white or black or whatever. The most important thing for me is to understand that her feelings for me are true and she isn’t using me for her own good. I can say I went through terrible moments after a break up and since then I don’t pay intention to the appearance of the girl. I just don’t know how to forget her and the awful things she did to me. I read some tips online that really helped me but I couldn’t control my feelings anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.