Francophone student on OSAP | Student Matrix

Francophone student on OSAP

Currently reading:
Francophone student on OSAP

Napalm

Sep 15, 2019
Hi guys, I was filling my OSAP and I came across where I was to identify if I am a francophone student. Although french isn't my first language, I only learned it when I was in high school. Am I a francophone student or not?

Dawnofdusk

Sep 15, 2019
Not really. I'd say No you not. French has to be the language of instruction you were used to been taught in high school and elementary school.

If your mother tongue or first language is french, you can also be considered as a francophone student.

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
I had course mates too that was having issues identifying that on their OSAP. Although, they were enrolled in a post-secondary program offered at least partially in French, so they were identified as a francophone student, even when french isn't their first language.

In your own case, I don't think you are a francophone student provided that you didn't match any of this criteria posted on OSAP website.

Napalm

Sep 15, 2019
I had course mates too that was having issues identifying that on their OSAP. Although, they were enrolled in a post-secondary program offered at least partially in French, so they were identified as a francophone student, even when french isn't their first language.

In your own case, I don't think you are a francophone student provided that you didn't match any of this criteria posted on OSAP website.
Actually I'm taking IB and it partially offered in french, so I guess am a francophone student then.. :oops:

Pls let me know if am right

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
Actually I'm taking IB and it partially offered in french, so I guess am a francophone student then.. :oops:

Pls let me know if am right
My bad, you didn't include that you taking a program at the start of the thread. Then yes you are a francophone student.

What school is that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.