High School Co op for SHSM certificate | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

High School Co op for SHSM certificate

Currently reading:
High School Co op for SHSM certificate

bush50

Oct 31, 2019
Hi guys. So I'm planning to enroll for my school's SHSM and co-op is pretty much needed before I can get the certificate. I'm currently planning for the courses I'm gonna take in grade 11 but was thinking about taking a co op this summer. Should I go ahead with this plan? And is it possible to take a co op during summer?

Black Knight

Sep 11, 2019
My advice is you should take it as early as you can. One problem with co op is the later you do it, the more complications you'll have with making it fit into your schedule. And YES, you can take co op during summer.

KennethTed

Nov 14, 2019
You can absolutely go for co-op anytime you want to. But keep in mind that you'll have to make a lot of sacrifices because making a schedule for both school and a co-op job can be stressful. So perhaps you can let go of summer school for the main time and then go after co-op full time.

bush50

Oct 31, 2019
You can absolutely go for co-op anytime you want to. But keep in mind that you'll have to make a lot of sacrifices because making a schedule for both school and a co-op job can be stressful. So perhaps you can let go of summer school for the main time and then go after co-op full time.
Hmm you do have a point there. Actually I was initially thinking about how to make my schedule for summer work with the co op. I guess I will have to leave some school activities just as how @Black Knight said, and just focus fully on my co op.

Takenbywine

Oct 5, 2019
I would suggest you do coop in the area of study you would like to do in the future so you can get some experience in the career.
I did my coop at a hospital, although I didn't have to do some important work, but it gonna spice up my resume in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.