How can I land a job in Canada after medical training in the USA | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

How can I land a job in Canada after medical training in the USA

Currently reading:
How can I land a job in Canada after medical training in the USA

Marvelous

Jun 6, 2020
It's my pleasure to be here. I have been a guest member on this forum for so long but have decided to finally join the group as I have seen how it has blessed a lot of people.

I am an FMG from India and have completed my residency and fellowship in the United States of America. I want to join an academic medical institution in Canada and also aim to become a Physician in one of their hospitals.Is these possible and what is the status of medicine in Canada?

Thank you very much.

aaay

Jun 1, 2020
It's my pleasure to be here. I have been a guest member on this forum for so long but have decided to finally join the group as I have seen how it has blessed a lot of people.

I am an FMG from India and have completed my residency and fellowship in the United States of America. I want to join an academic medical institution in Canada and also aim to become a Physician in one of their hospitals.Is these possible and what is the status of medicine in Canada?

Thank you very much.
I will like to welcome you to this forum. It's my joy that you have benefited from this forum like most of us here.

I think the answer is Yes. From what I know, I think the procedure for doing this varies from province to province. For instance, the Ontarians have a option called "4th pathway" that allows IMG who did residency in the United States of America to get practicing license.

Kindly check this website for more details.

Marvelous

Jun 6, 2020
I will like to welcome you to this forum. It's my joy that you have benefited from this forum like most of us here.

I think the answer is Yes. From what I know, I think the procedure for doing this varies from province to province. For instance, the Ontarians have a option called "4th pathway" that allows IMG who did residency in the United States of America to get practicing license.

Kindly check this website for more details.
Thank you very much for welcoming me and I also appreciate your kind reply. However, I have known about CPSO since last year but my issue is that some of my friends do say that it is difficult to find jobs in big cities. They said I might have no option than to first settle for rural and under-served communities. I am depressed with this and want to know if there are academic medical institutions in those rural areas. I am really not conversant with the healthcare system in Canada but would like to work in the academic sector of the great North American country.

aaay

Jun 1, 2020
Thank you very much for welcoming me and I also appreciate your kind reply. However, I have known about CPSO since last year but my issue is that some of my friends do say that it is difficult to find jobs in big cities. They said I might have no option than to first settle for rural and under-served communities. I am depressed with this and want to know if there are academic medical institutions in those rural areas. I am really not conversant with the healthcare system in Canada but would like to work in the academic sector of the great North American country.

I can't assure you that there is a certain pathway for doing this but one thing I am sure of is that you can definitely work your way to Canada. Had it been that you mentioned this when you were doing your residency, I would have advised you to transfer your residency. But since you are done with it, I think one of the best things you can do is to work in rural settings for a year under supervision and then transfer to big cities and metropolis after you have secured an independent license.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.