How to easily handle Grade 12 courses | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

How to easily handle Grade 12 courses

Currently reading:
How to easily handle Grade 12 courses

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone. my friend (Diaz) is trying as much as possible to get into health sciences, and he is planning to apply to some universities abroad.

Below are the list of courses he will be taking in Grade 12:
  • grade 12 chemistry (university)
  • advanced functions (university)
  • grade 12 biology (university)
  • leadership course (PLF4M1)
  • calculus (university)
  • philosophy (university)
  • kinesiology (university)
  • grade 12 English (in summer school)
So, I will be glad if you can share some tips/ideas on how he can effectively handle these courses.

Claudio

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone. my friend (Diaz) is trying as much as possible to get into health sciences, and he is planning to apply to some universities abroad.

Below are the list of courses he will be taking in Grade 12:
  • grade 12 chemistry (university)
  • advanced functions (university)
  • grade 12 biology (university)
  • leadership course (PLF4M1)
  • calculus (university)
  • philosophy (university)
  • kinesiology (university)
  • grade 12 English (in summer school)
So, I will be glad if you can share some tips/ideas on how he can effectively handle these courses.
Well, let me make it clear that universities only look at your top 6 Grade 12 marks, which include prerequisites. In essence, you do not necessarily need that bulk of courses. English is a compulsory prerequisite for every program.
So, look at the website of the school(s) you are applying to and know the prerequisite for the program. Churn off what you do not need. Besides, why do you want to study health sciences? Why not engineering or computer science related course? it is expedient to note that most BSc degrees are useless in the job market and acceptance rate at medical school is extremely low. So, think about it very well before applying.

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
Well, let me make it clear that universities only look at your top 6 Grade 12 marks, which include prerequisites. In essence, you do not necessarily need that bulk of courses. English is a compulsory prerequisite for every program.
So, look at the website of the school(s) you are applying to and know the prerequisite for the program. Churn off what you do not need. Besides, why do you want to study health sciences? Why not engineering or computer science related course? it is expedient to note that most BSc degrees are useless in the job market and acceptance rate at medical school is extremely low. So, think about it very well before applying.
Thanks for your advice.
I have English and Philosophy on the track because they are needed by my high school.
I want to take calculus because my school advisor recommends taking it and he said it will be needed in the first semester of Health Science programs.
As for biology, chemistry, and advanced functions, they are prerequisite needed by the universities I want to apply to.
Well, kinesiology isn't a prerequisite though. I put it there because I am good at memorizing it and it seems like a fun course.
For leadership course, I originally had a spare, but school advisor added this course because they thought I should have a course that could boost my marks.

Since you said they will grade six subjects, maybe I will remove leadership and kinesiology then.

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.