I am thinking of taking a gap year. Please advise me | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

I am thinking of taking a gap year. Please advise me

Currently reading:
I am thinking of taking a gap year. Please advise me

Guitarist

Member
Jun 1, 2020
11
6
Hello everybody, I have seen the way you guys have advised some people on this forum and I think you will help me too.

I applied to some schools in Canada and, unfortunately, gained admission to schools that I listed as my backup. I don't really want to go these schools. Now, here is the issue. I have been on the reserve list for some of the schools I want to go to and I also have a deadline of June 5 to either accept or reject my offer from my backup school. Now, I am confused, I don't know maybe I should settle for the school I don't like in the first place (backup school) or I should wait for the final decision of my most preferred school. I was thinking that I should either defer or cancel my offer and take a year off to improve my bio mark from this year online. Then by the time I apply, my average will be a lot better since I redid bio AND it’ll show my final marks from all of grade 12 (since I’ve been doing pretty good now ever since school went online). With those marks, I could apply again to the schools that I was waitlisted at and most likely get accepted this time because my average will be a lot higher. Anyway, that’s my plan. However, if I end up hearing back from one of the waitlists this summer, then I’m ditching the plan and accepting that offer. Any advice on what I should do?
 

snowflake

Member
Jun 1, 2020
14
11
Hello everybody, I have seen the way you guys have advised some people on this forum and I think you will help me too.

I applied to some schools in Canada and, unfortunately, gained admission to schools that I listed as my backup. I don't really want to go these schools. Now, here is the issue. I have been on the reserve list for some of the schools I want to go to and I also have a deadline of June 5 to either accept or reject my offer from my backup school. Now, I am confused, I don't know maybe I should settle for the school I don't like in the first place (backup school) or I should wait for the final decision of my most preferred school. I was thinking that I should either defer or cancel my offer and take a year off to improve my bio mark from this year online. Then by the time I apply, my average will be a lot better since I redid bio AND it’ll show my final marks from all of grade 12 (since I’ve been doing pretty good now ever since school went online). With those marks, I could apply again to the schools that I was waitlisted at and most likely get accepted this time because my average will be a lot higher. Anyway, that’s my plan. However, if I end up hearing back from one of the waitlists this summer, then I’m ditching the plan and accepting that offer. Any advice on what I should do?
If I am in your shoe, I will joyfully decline the admission from my backup school and resit for my bio exam. There is definitely something that makes you to put the school as a backup and not first choice. It might be that the school doesn't have good reputation, or the school doesn't have enough faculties or facilities.

Never settle for less, always go for the best. Go for what you want. You aren't admitted yet because the admission committee have seen candidates with better result than yours. Sit tight for your exam and ace it. then, reapply to your dream school and sky will be a starting point.

Peace!
 

Breacche

Member
Jun 1, 2020
15
3
As @snowflake rightly said, do not be in a haste to go to school. Go for the ones that will equip you with good knowledge and skills needed to be successful in your profession.

I strongly recommend you cancel the admission and resit for your bio exam.
 

Guitarist

Member
Jun 1, 2020
11
6
If I am in your shoe, I will joyfully decline the admission from my backup school and resit for my bio exam. There is definitely something that makes you to put the school as a backup and not first choice. It might be that the school doesn't have good reputation, or the school doesn't have enough faculties or facilities.

Never settle for less, always go for the best. Go for what you want. You aren't admitted yet because the admission committee have seen candidates with better result than yours. Sit tight for your exam and ace it. then, reapply to your dream school and sky will be a starting point.

Peace!
Thank you very much for this piece of advice. I will cancel the offer and resit for my bio exam. Please, keep me in your prayers.

Thanks
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top