Is Grade 11 biology materials relevant in Grade 12 biology? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Is Grade 11 biology materials relevant in Grade 12 biology?

Currently reading:
Is Grade 11 biology materials relevant in Grade 12 biology?

sprinkles

Jun 1, 2020
Hello guys, I want to use this lockdown period to review my biology notes and I want to know whether the materials used in Grade 11 biology class is relevant in Grade 12 biology class. if yes, is there any material from grade 11 biology (uni) that I should focus on?

holystone

Jun 1, 2020
Well, it is good to revise your notes and materials. It serves as foundation for Grade 12 biology. However, Grade 12 biology is a bit different from Grade 11 bio. Grade 12 bio has similar concepts with the Grade 12 Chemistry. It's better you start looking into organic chemistry video from 4U Chemt and BioChem from the 4U Bio. I don't know why, but almost everybody in my school struggled with this unit and many ideas from it come up in Grade 12 Biology.

These are the units I have seen in Grade 12 bio and I think we may not be doing more since the school year is ending.
BioChem + Cellular Processes + The Macromolecules of Life
DNA structure/function/replication/applications/tools
Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis

Grade 11 bio from what I remember included biodiversity (dichotomous keys, classifications etc…), genetic processes (mitosis/meiosis), evolution, and internal systems. I think the most helpful unit to review, but still isnt' as close to 4U bio would be genetic processes but without Mendelian Genetics and Punnett Squares.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.