Is Grade 12 Advanced functions hard? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Is Grade 12 Advanced functions hard?

Currently reading:
Is Grade 12 Advanced functions hard?

Zuv

Jan 25, 2021
To all the high school grads, how hard was grade 12 Advanced functions (MHF4U) for you? I'm taking Advanced functions this quad. Do you guys have anything to share about the course so I can get some ideas about it?

Winterfog

Oct 8, 2022
Compared to other math courses, I believe it's easier. I took advanced functions in 2nd quad and I never had any issues with it. I believe you won't have any issues with it too.

Reactions: Zuv

AmadoFrica

Nov 24, 2021
Compared to other math courses, I believe it's easier. I took advanced functions in 2nd quad and I never had any issues with it. I believe you won't have any issues with it too.
You right.
Advanced functions was extremely easier than other math courses, especially functions. Functions is the hardest math course in high school!

Zain

Dec 26, 2019
My advise is just review the topics you learnt in grade 11 and you are good to go. Grade12 Advanced functions is not that difficult and some similarities with 11U.

Alex

Aug 2, 2021
To all the high school grads, how hard was grade 12 Advanced functions (MHF4U) for you? I'm taking Advanced functions this quad. Do you guys have anything to share about the course so I can get some ideas about it?
In my own case, I wasn't really good at math in high school but I never had issues with understanding adv. functions in grade 12. trigonometry and combinations of functions get a bit difficult in the beginning, but once you understand the concepts, it becomes very easy for you. Logarithms is also pretty easy. I scored 86 despite the fact that I was bad at math and didn't really do that much studying. Don't worry, you will be fine.

Alberto

Dec 29, 2021
The hardest unit was Trig. and the reason was because we had to learn how to switch from degrees to radians. Once you know how to do that, it becomes easy. In my opinion, it's not a hard course compared to gade11 functions.

There are also youtube videos that helped me through those times, so if you ever have issues with the course, you can search for Advanced functions videos on youtube. Goodluck!

Abigail

Aug 4, 2022
Advanced functions isn't hard but your teacher matters too. If you have a bad teacher, you won't like the course. Look up Khan Academy and Mrs. Havrot on YouTube. Those channels helped me a lot.

Wishing you the best!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.