Issues with my credit rating | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Issues with my credit rating

Currently reading:
Issues with my credit rating

Headisocto

Sep 29, 2019
HI everyone! So I decided to check my credit score on a creditkarma.ca. I have a really bad rating of 520 but I have never had a bank loan or credit cards. I've only had student loan and an overdraft and there has been lots of unauthorized credit checks on my account. To be honest I'm quite worried and need some advice.😟

Ezekiel

Editor
Sep 9, 2019
Well you have to use credits (responsibly) in order to have a good credit score, so you possibly could have a bad rating as you've never used a credit card before.

Dawnofdusk

Sep 15, 2019
You can request more details on those checks. They could be from companies you have bills with. Lots of check on credit can cause issues too.

Headisocto

Sep 29, 2019
Well you have to use credits (responsibly) in order to have a good credit score, so you possibly could have a bad rating as you've never used a credit card before.
Would you suggest getting a credit card and say spending up to $100 a month and then paying it back? Which one is also preferable- Visa or Mastercard?

Headisocto

Sep 29, 2019
You can request more details on those checks. They could be from companies you have bills with. Lots of check on credit can cause issues too.
I guess it should be from my phone bill company or from car insurance. How would you suggest I request for these details?

Ezekiel

Editor
Sep 9, 2019
Would you suggest getting a credit card and say spending up to $100 a month and then paying it back? Which one is also preferable- Visa or Mastercard?
If you can use a credit card very responsibly, then I'd say yes you should get one, prefarebly Visa because you get more points with Visa card. Most of the banks in Canada uses Visa anyways. Except BMO I guess.

Bucky

Sep 15, 2019
Not using credits isn't gonna make your score good, using it badly is gonna make it bad too... avoiding too much checks on your credit is good too so the companies won't see you as a minimal risk.

Hodgfrog

Oct 7, 2020
North Carolina Charlotte
Happened to me when I had a little late payment on a previous loan, and they explained it to me. Now it seems to be worse though, and it's a long time since I paid these debts. Weird. In general, I avoid credits as they are stressing me out too much but another thing that stresses me more, is knowing that if I don't buy a house I will have to pay rent for the rest of my life. That's one of the reasons I decided to speak with a mortgage advisor Leeds and figure out a plan that will have me pay every month what I would pay for my rent.

Passpartu

Mar 27, 2021
I noticed that even with the slightest delay in payments, there are problems with companies, once I owed $ 200 due to the fact that I did not have time to pay in time due to a bad banking application. In general, a nightmare. Therefore, since then, I no longer use bad payment systems, and I try to find something new every time because it is much more convenient than waiting for a long time for a report on the success of a transaction. It is best to use systems like gateway worldwide in order to avoid delays and to have a secure and stable payment system. With such systems, I didn't have any problems with my transactions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.