MATH IS BRINGING ME DOWN | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

MATH IS BRINGING ME DOWN

Currently reading:
MATH IS BRINGING ME DOWN

steve

Oct 15, 2019
Alright, I’m going to make this short and sweet. I am failing grade 11 U level functions. I’m talking under 50%. I spoke to my guidance counselor and he said my options are:
  • Retake the course in grade 12
  • Take it in night school
  • Take it in summer school
I really wanted to go into a business program, but that’s not likely to happen with my current math mark… Anyways what do you suggest I do? If i retake it in grade 12, I would be very embarrassed to retake that class (I know that’s a lame excuse, but that’s just the truth!) and I would be wasting a course space that I could for another class in grade 12 that would count toward my top 6. I could take it in night school, but there is a chance the course may not run if not enough people sign up… and it would be very stressful. I could retake it in summer school, but I have plans to take co-op in the summer because of SHSM. If I do summer school, I would have to take co op in grade 12, and that would mess up the courses I had planned. What advice would you give to a grade 11 student trying to find her way? I hope this doesn’t come across as me being arrogant, I REALLY do not want to retake this in day school :/. But if it came to it I would swallow my pride and get it done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.