McGill Arts rejected my sister's application | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

McGill Arts rejected my sister's application

Currently reading:
McGill Arts rejected my sister's application

Breacche

Jun 1, 2020
Help, My sister's application to McGill Arts was rejected few weeks ago. We are still confused about why her application was rejected and we would like to know if there is anyone here who has the same experience. Her top 6 average was 94% midterm, and there is higher probability that it'll will increase to 95%. She is dejected and confused. She applied early this year, January to be precise. She beats the last year cutoff mark of 88%b. We have contacted McGill's Service Point, and they were confused as well. Please, help us. What is happening?

aaay

Jun 1, 2020
Help, My sister's application to McGill Arts was rejected few weeks ago. We are still confused about why her application was rejected and we would like to know if there is anyone here who has the same experience. Her top 6 average was 94% midterm, and there is higher probability that it'll will increase to 95%. She is dejected and confused. She applied early this year, January to be precise. She beats the last year cutoff mark of 88%b. We have contacted McGill's Service Point, and they were confused as well. Please, help us. What is happening?
This is bad!

I am not really conversant with McGill Arts mode of application and selection criteria but I saw something related to this question online.

Did you calculate your top 6 average correctly? Which courses did you include?

“Admission is based on McGill’s calculation of your “Top 6″ pre-university (4U, 4M) course average. A minimum of six 4U and/or 4M courses are required for admission.

At least four of the six required courses, as well as all prerequisite courses, must be taken at the 4U level.
All grades for required 4U and 4M courses are taken into consideration, including any grades for failed or repeated courses. In addition, depending on the program, certain prerequisite courses are included. The McGill calculated average excludes most applied courses. However, all types of performing arts courses at the 4M level (allowing only a maximum of two) will be eligible for inclusion in the top-six average. This may vary from the calculation used at other institutions.”

DeluxeVegan

Jun 1, 2020
@aaay, since you aren't conversant with McGill Arts, why did you post something you know nothing about?

Also,
I think the best you can do is to contact McGill Admissions. they know better and can tell you why your sister's application was rejected. Everybody here will just be giving you their thoughts which might not be true. Do not disturb yourself, kindly jump into your email and mail the admissions. They will gladly tell you why her application was rejected.

Breacche

Jun 1, 2020
@aaay, since you aren't conversant with McGill Arts, why did you post something you know nothing about?

Also,
I think the best you can do is to contact McGill Admissions. they know better and can tell you why your sister's application was rejected. Everybody here will just be giving you their thoughts which might not be true. Do not disturb yourself, kindly jump into your email and mail the admissions. They will gladly tell you why her application was rejected.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I stated it clearly in my post that we have contacted them. In fact, my sister has contacted them severally. They keep saying that they will get back to her.

Please, do not blame @aaay for sharing his/her opinion. Although, he might not be conversant with McGill Arts but he tried his best to google related questions and answer. This shows that he is really interested in helping people.

I’ve already contacted them multiple times, yet to no avail. I wanted to know if other high school students who applied to McGill are experiencing the same issue. Perhaps you skimmed through the part where I mentioned that I already contacted McGill’s Service Point.

ShowRunner

Jun 1, 2020
I am still finding this post hard to believe. Normally, the school would have stated the reason(s) that made them to reject your sister's application. It could be that her language test score is below the minimum threshold or maybe she is competing against much better students.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.