Be part of our community today

My thought and Opinion about Racism

Currently reading:
My thought and Opinion about Racism

Marta

Official Blogger
Blogger
Sep 9, 2019
As a white person, and particularly one who spends a great deal of her life trying to explain mindfulness of situations regarding to Racism, here is some of my opinion:

White people will not actively be racist, 99% of us won't say the n word or shoot a black person. Yet some might still be racist in their own small ways, its inevitable as we have grown up this way. There is a scale of racism and white people think it is only this extreme racism that counts, but it's not. I remember back in elementary school, we use to say "pass me the skin colour pencil" for the light peach tone, I did this too! When we drew ourselves we'd say "pass the brown pencil" why were we thinking that the light pencil was the skin tone? Because we have been conditioned. Experiments show that from the age of 2, kids know and make their own judgements on skin colour. It is NOT enough to just be 'not racist', you must be anti-racist. "I wish society hated racism, the way they hate being called a racist" then half the stuff that happens now, wouldn't. If you stay silent you are choosing the side of the oppressor. You see people posting on their instagram "blm" etc, but why did these people really post these things? so that poc can think 'oh a good white person'? so that your friends can see it? you must do more. question your own white fragility and look back on racism you have seen or been told about from your friends, how could you have done more? we must fight it together.

P.S: I'm not a racist.

Honeycake

Oct 7, 2019
"If you stay silent you are choosing the side of the oppressor.
No you are wrong with this statement.. some introverted individual like myself doesn't mean I support racism even when I don't talk about it. I just don't like dramas pls :rolleyes:

brenda98

Oct 15, 2019
Now all of a sudden, no one is talking about covid-19 anymore. It's all about BLM. I feel there's an agenda behind all of this. I can't remember when last cnn talked about the coronavirus.

InspiringNozy

Sep 29, 2019
Now all of a sudden, no one is talking about covid-19 anymore. It's all about BLM. I feel there's an agenda behind all of this. I can't remember when last cnn talked about the coronavirus.
The rona virus is real though, but it ain't that risky the way the media potrays it to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.