Parents Applying for Medical School | Student Matrix

Parents Applying for Medical School

Currently reading:
Parents Applying for Medical School

Pubprincess

Oct 17, 2020
I'm a mom of one planning to get into medical school. Do you guys know any student with a child who have applied to medical school before, and if including that you have a child help with the admission success? My academic advisor advised me to include that I'm a parent on my app. I hope it won't affect my chances because I've been wondering about it. Any parents on this forum with similar situation should please share their experiences.

Pubprincess

Oct 17, 2020
I applied to 3 schools- UBC, Mac and Queen's. My first option is UBC because I'm from Vancouver, but won't mind moving to Ontario to pursue my dreams if either Queen's or Mac come through and UBC don't.

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
I applied to 3 schools- UBC, Mac and Queen's. My first option is UBC because I'm from Vancouver, but won't mind moving to Ontario to pursue my dreams if either Queen's or Mac come through and UBC don't.
I don't really have much idea about those three schools but I know Waterloo doesn't find that as an issue. Just hope the admission officer working on your application is a reasonable individual because I see no reason why having a kid should affect your your chances of going to furthering your education.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.