Schulich BBA Vs Laurier BBA | Student Matrix

Schulich BBA Vs Laurier BBA

Currently reading:
Schulich BBA Vs Laurier BBA

Lavanya

Mar 7, 2021
Hey guys

I’ve got through Schulich BBA, Laurier BBA, McMaster Business 1 and SFU Beedie BBA. Please suggest which I should go for! I’m an international student from India. Thanks in advance

Firestix

Sep 15, 2019
Well it depends on the type of school you want. If you are searching for quality, Schulich and UBC Sauder is the best in Canada in terms of program reputation.

Lavanya

Mar 7, 2021
Well it depends on the type of school you want. If you are searching for quality, Schulich and UBC Sauder is the best in Canada in terms of program reputation.
Thanks for your reply. UBC is my top choice and I’m waiting to hear from them. I do agree that Schulich is a close second. But it does not have coop. How does this impact the students? If I don’t make it to UBC, then is it better if I choose Schulich with its stellar reputation or say Laurier which has an amazing coop?

Firestix

Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply. UBC is my top choice and I’m waiting to hear from them. I do agree that Schulich is a close second. But it does not have coop. How does this impact the students? If I don’t make it to UBC, then is it better if I choose Schulich with its stellar reputation or say Laurier which has an amazing coop?

I understand why coop can be very important, especially the “gaining some experience” benefits of it. So if you’re keen on going to a business school that offers coop, then I’ll suggest Laurier over Schulich.

Lavanya

Mar 7, 2021
I understand why coop can be very important, especially the “gaining some experience” benefits of it. So if you’re keen on going to a business school that offers coop, then I’ll suggest Laurier over Schulich.
Well that’s the decision I need help with - whether I should choose a better ranked school Schulich without the coop, or a lower ranked Laurier because of the coop (of course keeping in mind that Coop is not a guarantee)

Cleversquirrel

Jan 28, 2020
Well that’s the decision I need help with - whether I should choose a better ranked school Schulich without the coop, or a lower ranked Laurier because of the coop (of course keeping in mind that Coop is not a guarantee)
Hi there. I'd go for Schulich if I were in your shoes. Their Alumni students are respected in the job market anyways, so if you still didn't take a co-op, you'll be fine regardless.

Firestix

Sep 15, 2019
I believe coop is very important for international students, especially when you plan to remain in Canada after your studies. So gaining work experience before graduation will increase your job prospects if you plan to get a PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit) and subsequently apply for PR (Permanent Residence) in Canada.

@Cleversquirrel 's point is also valid. Getting a BBA degree in a prestigious business school will give you some recognition, but you have to realize that your experience comes first in the job market not the school you attended. Although if you don't plan to remain in Canada, you can forget about taking coop and go for Schulich. I believe that will give you some recognition in most foreign countries too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.