Should schools reopen after COVID-19 lockdown or what? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Should schools reopen after COVID-19 lockdown or what?

Currently reading:
Should schools reopen after COVID-19 lockdown or what?

Experthead

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I trust we are doing good.

We are all aware of how devastating the COVID-19 pandemic is to all sectors, especially to education. Different strokes for different folks, some schools are planning to open very soon, some have gone virtual, while some have postponed their classes to next year.

What do you think about this?

I anticipate your suggestions.

aaay

Jun 1, 2020

We are all aware of how devastating the COVID-19 pandemic is to all sectors, especially to education. Different strokes for different folks, some schools are planning to open very soon, some have gone virtual, while some have postponed their classes to next year.

This is an interesting topic. As you rightly said, different strokes work for different folks. it is not about replicating what others are doing, it is about doing what works for you.

Let's take a look at the some countries. Most African countries do not really experience the fatality of COVID-19 like countries like United Kingdoms, USA, France, Italy, Spain, China, Germany, etc.

From my perspective, I think African universities can reopen with strict regulations on proper hygiene, social distancing, and other necessary procedures. US schools should suspend their lectures till next year. UK schools can have a mix of online classes and group practical sessions.

That is my take for now.

DeluxeVegan

Jun 1, 2020
I love this thread. I think @Experthead as said a lot. To me, Canadian schools can open. However, strict regulations must be in place for students and staff members to conform with the guidelines from the relevant health authorities.

snowflake

Jun 1, 2020

A friend of mine who applied for MSc Biomedical Engineering at Imperial College, London, has been messaged that his program will be a mix of both online and physical classes. From September, the theoretical aspects of the course will be taught online while the practical aspects will be in January 2021. I think the practical aspect will be divided into smaller groups so that they won't be too many in the laboratory.

Loonies

Jun 1, 2020

Not sure about this but I think French schools have been given the liberty to open their schools if they wish to do so. however, most of them have begun to send a postponement of academic session messages to their students. I think most French schools will reopen next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.