Tips for stopping sports betting (gambling) | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Tips for stopping sports betting (gambling)

Currently reading:
Tips for stopping sports betting (gambling)

ShowRunner

Jun 1, 2020
Ohhh, a lot of us are engrossed in sport. We love different types of sport ranging from football, basketball, tennis, hockey, golf, to rugby. When you walk through the streets, especially among sport lovers, you will hear names like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, etc. In fact, some believe that they can't do without sport.

But there is a problem that is now common among most sport lovers, the addiction they struggle to bring to a halt - Sports Betting. Gambling, otherwise known as sports betting, is the act of using money, resources, or assets to bet against an individual, company, or organization. Ohhh, when you win, you will be filled with joy. But when you lose your money to betting, sadness creeps in. But the truth is, betting is never good for an individual. It makes a lot of people to be lazy and have believe in dubious investments. It has never been easy to quit sports betting. We might have seen or heard about a lot of people that were once in the business of gambling, but decided to quit. Over time, they relapsed. They, in one way or the other, crawl back to their vomit. However, some have succeeded in quitting the addiction but they paid a huge price!

Few years ago, I was a chronic gambler. I had several betting mobile applications on my phone and I stake badly on my phone. Gradually, it tore me into pieces. I found it so hard to save money and was on my way to becoming a bum. Guess what, I vowed to quit, which I did on the third day. But the usual occurrence sets in, I went back to my vomit and started gambling again. This time, it is at a stake higher than before.

A year after, I used my school fees to bet on one popular team in the Laliga and behold, I lost my money. This time, I almost used knife to cut myself. I cried bitterly and heavily and vowed that I will never bet again. In fact, I deleted all the betting apps on my phone. Just a week after, i found myself using the website of a betting company. I wanted to take a revenge and get all my money back.

On one fateful day, I staked $10 with a maximum potential win of $3450. I thought I was stupid again and cashed out $25 when two of my games have been ticked green. A day after, I checked the livescore app to see those that won their matches on the previous day and i discovered that I would have actually won the maximum potential win of $3450, had it been that I didn't cash out. I vowed again that I will not indulge in this unpredictable business again but it didn't work out.

Ohhh, what I did was to join a campus fellowship close to my house, told them my predicament and they downloaded an app that blocks me from entering betting websites. Again, they gave me a job to be writing articles and monitoring their social media platform. I later discovered that I have no time to even check the team that have match on a particular day, not to talk of betting.

This is how I stopped betting and all forms of gambling. Now, i feel so fulfilled and have some savings.

Friends, it is never easy to quit gambling but with prayer and determination, couple with good friends, you will beat this addiction.

Thanks for reading.

Your contribution will be greatly welcomed.

Jesuslovesyou

Jun 6, 2020
Ohhh, a lot of us are engrossed in sport. We love different types of sport ranging from football, basketball, tennis, hockey, golf, to rugby. When you walk through the streets, especially among sport lovers, you will hear names like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, etc. In fact, some believe that they can't do without sport.

But there is a problem that is now common among most sport lovers, the addiction they struggle to bring to a halt - Sports Betting. Gambling, otherwise known as sports betting, is the act of using money, resources, or assets to bet against an individual, company, or organization. Ohhh, when you win, you will be filled with joy. But when you lose your money to betting, sadness creeps in. But the truth is, betting is never good for an individual. It makes a lot of people to be lazy and have believe in dubious investments. It has never been easy to quit sports betting. We might have seen or heard about a lot of people that were once in the business of gambling, but decided to quit. Over time, they relapsed. They, in one way or the other, crawl back to their vomit. However, some have succeeded in quitting the addiction but they paid a huge price!

Few years ago, I was a chronic gambler. I had several betting mobile applications on my phone and I stake badly on my phone. Gradually, it tore me into pieces. I found it so hard to save money and was on my way to becoming a bum. Guess what, I vowed to quit, which I did on the third day. But the usual occurrence sets in, I went back to my vomit and started gambling again. This time, it is at a stake higher than before.

A year after, I used my school fees to bet on one popular team in the Laliga and behold, I lost my money. This time, I almost used knife to cut myself. I cried bitterly and heavily and vowed that I will never bet again. In fact, I deleted all the betting apps on my phone. Just a week after, i found myself using the website of a betting company. I wanted to take a revenge and get all my money back.

On one fateful day, I staked $10 with a maximum potential win of $3450. I thought I was stupid again and cashed out $25 when two of my games have been ticked green. A day after, I checked the livescore app to see those that won their matches on the previous day and i discovered that I would have actually won the maximum potential win of $3450, had it been that I didn't cash out. I vowed again that I will not indulge in this unpredictable business again but it didn't work out.

Ohhh, what I did was to join a campus fellowship close to my house, told them my predicament and they downloaded an app that blocks me from entering betting websites. Again, they gave me a job to be writing articles and monitoring their social media platform. I later discovered that I have no time to even check the team that have match on a particular day, not to talk of betting.

This is how I stopped betting and all forms of gambling. Now, i feel so fulfilled and have some savings.

Friends, it is never easy to quit gambling but with prayer and determination, couple with good friends, you will beat this addiction.

Thanks for reading.

Your contribution will be greatly welcomed.
To God be the glory. First of all, i will like to felicitate with you on this great feat.

It has never been easy to quit gambling. Your story is quite inspiring and I pray that this post serves as a motivation for others to quit it and work hard to make ends meet.

roblox

Jun 1, 2020
Waooo, your story is inspiring. I have a friend that struggles with this life-wrecking addiction. I will tell him to read this up.

Once again, congratulations.

Salater

Aug 16, 2020
Toronto
Congratulations my friend, My father was addicted to gambling for a pretty long period of time, and it was pretty hard to give up gambling for him. I remember times when my mother was working on 2 jobs a day to support me and my little brother with some food and something to wear. Happily, he gave up now and for about 3 years he has a normal life, without such problems. I think that it depends on your personality. For example, sometimes I can gamble on nha cai W88 , and it won't be a problem for me because when I play, I have a sum of money on my credit card, that I am allowed to lose. When I start playing, I think at that sum of money as at lost money, and sometimes I can lose, sometimes I can even win. It is a way of spending time, relaxing yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.