Virtual High School reviews (Ontario) | Student Matrix

Virtual High School reviews (Ontario)

Currently reading:
Virtual High School reviews (Ontario)

Takenbywine

Oct 5, 2019
I'm making research about virtual high school for my sibling and would like you guys to share your experiences and reviews with the school. What is it like studying there and how is the courses at virtual high school. All inputs will be appreciated. :)

Grenade

Sep 15, 2019
I took gr 12 chemistry there long time ago and it was a good experience with them. The teacher were very helpful and it did contributed to my success with the course.

ElGaba

Jun 9, 2020
I took HZT4U at virtual high school and it was so frustrating. I spent a whole lots of hours on the course everyday with tons of extraneous topics to study with at least 3 assignments to do each day. At the end of the semester, I didn't finish with the average I thought I was supposed to get. It was a very frustrating experience and I had friends that had same experiences.

Oloscman

Oct 7, 2019
I have taken same course with a day school and online (virtual high school) and online school seem to be the easiest. The assignments weren't that hard as long as you study the contents of the course(s).

Takenbywine

Oct 5, 2019
I took HZT4U at virtual high school and it was so frustrating. I spent a whole lots of hours on the course everyday with tons of extraneous topics to study with at least 3 assignments to do each day. At the end of the semester, I didn't finish with the average I thought I was supposed to get. It was a very frustrating experience and I had friends that had same experiences.
Hmm.. if I may ask, what average did you end up with?

Takenbywine

Oct 5, 2019
I have taken same course with a day school and online (virtual high school) and online school seem to be the easiest. The assignments weren't that hard as long as you study the contents of the course(s).
Awesome :) what course did you take with VHS?

Cleversquirrel

Jan 28, 2020
My question is why do you want your sibling to go for an online school? If he/she is going for an online school in other to get extra grades for college/university, then that's worthless. I mean how are you gonna trust your ability to cope in university if you depending on VHS for extra marks in high school

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
My question is why do you want your sibling to go for an online school? If he/she is going for an online school in other to get extra grades for college/university, then that's worthless. I mean how are you gonna trust your ability to cope in university if you depending on VHS for extra marks in high school
I have taken courses at both an online private school and a public school and getting high marks through online private schools ain't that easy as well. In fact, there are high chances for getting high marks in public schools than private schools like ILC and VHS. When I was taking courses with an online school, I had to put in lots of work in order for me to score high marks. Again, one good advantage of online private school is the way they comprehensively teach the subjects, even literally more than we taught in public schools. Please get your facts right before posting stuffs like this. Taking courses with online private schools doesn't define how you will cope in higher institution.. periodt.

Takenbywine

Oct 5, 2019
I have taken courses at both an online private school and a public school and getting high marks through online private schools ain't that easy as well. In fact, there are high chances for getting high marks in public schools than private schools like ILC and VHS. When I was taking courses with an online school, I had to put in lots of work in order for me to score high marks. Again, one good advantage of online private school is the way they comprehensively teach the subjects, even literally more than we taught in public schools. Please get your facts right before posting stuffs like this. Taking courses with online private schools doesn't define how you will cope in higher institution.. periodt.
Thank you. wish I could like this comment a thousand times.

Amusingly most of the students that go for private online schools like VHS with the aim of getting higher marks usually end up successful in higher institution. That ambitious tendency that make them go that extra mile will also work in their favour in the university.

TheEpicBlock

Oct 7, 2019

Amazinghuh

Sep 15, 2019
Right now I'm taking 3 courses with them, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U and I can admit that it not hard at all. The teachers are making the process easy for us and they are very supportive too. So far so good it has been a really really great experience for me.

uptown

Jan 29, 2020
Right now I'm taking 3 courses with them, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U and I can admit that it not hard at all. The teachers are making the process easy for us and they are very supportive too. So far so good it has been a really really great experience for me.
Hi dude.. I'm also taking grade 12 Chemistry currently and it amazes me that you doing well. Mine is the other way round. :(:rolleyes:

uptown

Jan 29, 2020
Hey there.. do you by any chance have any or all of the labs or tests from when you took the course?

Amazinghuh

Sep 15, 2019
Hi dude.. I'm also taking grade 12 Chemistry currently and it amazes me that you doing well. Mine is the other way round. :(:rolleyes:
Hi @uptown First of all, I'm not a dude. I'm sorry for the troubles you are having with the course. One thing that has always helped me is reviewing what we were taught daily. This way, I'm always current with all topics and won't have to study that much during examination period. Perhaps you try doing that too and see if it can help you. Goodluck :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts