Waterloo Adjustment Factor | Student Matrix

Waterloo Adjustment Factor

Currently reading:
Waterloo Adjustment Factor

Born2Pizza

Sep 23, 2019
I was told University of Waterloo uses an adjustment factor for students from schools that inflates marks. They do this by subtracting the adjustment factor from average and use that as the new average. My school is one of those that uses the highest average for its students and this has kept me so worried for some days now. Is this adjustment factor gonna affect my chances?

Honeybear

Sep 15, 2019
You don't necessarily have to go to Waterloo. if the adjustment factor is what is getting you worried, then it's better you have some other options.

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
The adjustment factor doesn't apply to all of Waterloo programs. I know it applies programs like engineering and some few other programs. Moreso, they didn't have a criteria on how marks are been adjusted on their website.

Cleversquirrel

Jan 28, 2020
I was told University of Waterloo uses an adjustment factor for students from schools that inflates marks. They do this by subtracting the adjustment factor from average and use that as the new average. My school is one of those that uses the highest average for its students and this has kept me so worried for some days now. Is this adjustment factor gonna affect my chances?
The factor only applies to some of uWaterloo's program. What type of program are you taking?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.