Waterloo Computer Science Applicants 2021 | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Waterloo Computer Science Applicants 2021

Currently reading:
Waterloo Computer Science Applicants 2021

gymaddict

Jan 29, 2020
Hey Matrices! I decided to start a thread for students interested in applying to Waterloo Computer Science. My cousin was rejected to Waterloo CS last year with a 92% average, and had 96/98 for advanced functions and calculus respectively. It got me scared about Waterloo's admissions process.

I had a 96% average in grade 11, and I'm expecting my grade 12 to be around the same average, although I have poor ECs but I'm still working hard to end up with 96-98% average. Do you guys think it possible for me to get the admission this year or just wait for next year's?

Also, every Waterloo CS applicant should feel free to post their averages.

Oloscman

Oct 7, 2019
My average in grade11 is 96 I'm expect around 98-99. For my ECs and other stuffs, I did internship on CS at U of Waterloo, lots of volunteering works too. I'm also worried, it's getting so competitive for CS program so I don't know what my chances are because my average and ECs aren't that perfect now so I really hope I'll be accepted to U of Waterloo because that's where my mind want's to be.

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
To have a good chance for CS program, you will need a 95%+ average and very good ECs. As a matter of fact, ECs is more important.. those who didn't get accepted with 97% and above didn't give a well detailed ECs on the Admission Information Forms or they probably didn't have a good ECs to begin with.

Holygrail

Jun 5, 2020
My Grade 11 average- 97%, expected Grade12 average- 98

ECs- Top 10% in senior CS contest, Top 5% in Math contest, Top 15% in Physics contest, Level 5 on Advance placement Physics 1, Webmaster of Robotics Club, Webmaster of Computer Programming Club, Volunteer for music events/camps, Part of the event organizer for Ottawa robotics kickoffs, I can program in C++, C, Python, PHP and Java.

I'm interested in Software Engineering or Computer Science. What do you think are my chances?

BrightHulk

Jun 1, 2020
My Grade 11 average- 97%, expected Grade12 average- 98

ECs- Top 10% in senior CS contest, Top 5% in Math contest, Top 15% in Physics contest, Level 5 on Advance placement Physics 1, Webmaster of Robotics Club, Webmaster of Computer Programming Club, Volunteer for music events/camps, Part of the event organizer for Ottawa robotics kickoffs, I can program in C++, C, Python, PHP and Java.

I'm interested in Software Engineering or Computer Science. What do you think are my chances?
IMO you have a very good EC's and average too, so your chances of getting accepted is high.

voldemort

Sep 15, 2019
Currently, My gr.12 average is 94, ECs- Had a development internship from the US, Experience in Java, teaching myself Python, School tennis team, Local tennis club, intercounty tennis team, Co-hosted an art project with 20+ artists. What are my chances for CS Waterloo?

Jinx

Jul 6, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm currently in grade 12 and my average is 94.6
Biology- 91
Functions- 94
Physics- 99

EC's:
I'm volunteering as a student host where in the school I'm taking my gr. 12 courses, I work up to 20 hours weekly at a public library, I've been featured on a youth magazine before, I've been on my school football team for 3 years, I've done several mathematics contests in the past and still planning to do another this year, 2nd place in a francophone quiz competition, I also speak french fluently, I'm currently part of an online community learning how to code.

What are my chances for Waterloo Computer Science?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.