What does interim grade mean? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

What does interim grade mean?

Currently reading:
What does interim grade mean?

Blufs

Oct 17, 2020
Quick question- I'm interested in applying to three different universities- McMaster, Waterloo and UBC but they keep insisting that they will be looking at my interim grades. I'm still kinda confused because I don't know what interim grades is. What does it mean?

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
Interim course grades are grades issued from courses that are still yet to be completed. Generally, universities and colleges admissions evaluate your application based on your interim grades when you are still actively taking the courses.

Blufs

Oct 17, 2020
Interim course grades are grades issued from courses that is still yet to be completed. Generally, universities and colleges admissions evaluate your application based on your interim grades when you are still actively taking the courses.
Okay thanks. Now I get it.

Lynx

Oct 17, 2020
Does this apply to high schools that are term-based? My cousin's high school isn't semester-based. They only have three terms.

Ciara

Sep 11, 2019
Does this apply to high schools that are term-based? My cousin's high school isn't semester-based. They only have three terms.
Yes they do. The grades from 1st and 2nd term are the interim grades.

Blufs

Oct 17, 2020
Yeah. I guess the reason universities use interim grades is because 3rd term is usually still in progress when they are accepting admission offers from students.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.