What is a PAB in a hospital? (Quebec Medical Term) | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

What is a PAB in a hospital? (Quebec Medical Term)

Currently reading:
What is a PAB in a hospital? (Quebec Medical Term)

Ezekiel

Editor
Sep 9, 2019
PAB a French medical term that means Préposé aux Bénéficiaires which is translated in English as a Personal Care Attendant.

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
It's a French word that means Préposé aux Bénéficiaires (PAB) which is translated in English as a Personal Care Attendant.
Oh I see. I was trying to apply for an internship job in a hospital. That was how I came across the word.

Do you know what the job’s descriptions are by any chance?

Ezekiel

Editor
Sep 9, 2019
Oh I see. I was trying to apply for an internship job in a hospital. That was how I came across the word.

Do you know what the job’s descriptions are by any chance?
A personal care attendants will be carrying out personal care activities to patients such as
  • ambulation
  • bathing
  • personal hygiene
  • dressing and undressing
  • preparing meals
  • feeding patients e.t.c.

Grenade

Sep 15, 2019
It sure does. It increases your prospect of getting into a medical school.
Ok. My cousin has been working as a PAB for 6 months now and she's hoping she get's into U of Ottawa next year. I guess her experience in the job is gonna help her.

medstudent

Jun 1, 2020
Ok. My cousin has been working as a PAB for 6 months now and she's hoping she get's into U of Ottawa next year. I guess her experience in the job is gonna help her.
of course it will! I'm also applying to Waterloo next year.

Canucksfan

Dec 17, 2019
The french term PAB is mostly used in Quebec and other francophone parts of Canada. It means Préposé aux Bénéficiaires (Personal Care Attendant).

Antoniooer

Jan 21, 2021
Another meaning for PAB is Pussy Ass B*tch or Punk Ass B*tch generally used as a slang to call someone who is a wimp, scared a lot, or complains a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.