Where was poutine invented? | Student Matrix
Welcome to Student Matrix

Be part of our community today

Where was poutine invented?

Currently reading:
Where was poutine invented?

Flyswat

Sep 15, 2019
I tried poutine for the very first time today and it was absolutely delicious. I remembered going to a restaurant with a friend when I me and my family was on vacation in the United State and we were offered poutine but the look and aroma wasn't that good then I rejected it, but a course mate convinced me to try it today and it actually taste good. Now we're arguing if poutine is an American or a Canadian dish?

PS: I'm French and I'm just an international student in Canada so I don't really know much about the culture here.

Canucksfan

Dec 17, 2019
Poutine is from Quebec, Canada and it was invented in 1957 at a restaurant in Warwick called "Le Lutin qui rit".

Fun fact: My grandfather used to visit this restaurant back in the day so don't ask me how I know. ;)

Dawnofdusk

Sep 15, 2019
I tried poutine for the very first time today and it was absolutely delicious. I remembered going to a restaurant with a friend when I me and my family was on vacation in the United State and we were offered poutine but the look and aroma wasn't that good then I rejected it, but a course mate convinced me to try it today and it actually taste good. Now we're arguing if poutine is an American or a Canadian dish?

PS: I'm French and I'm just an international student in Canada so I don't really know much about the culture here.
Nah, Poutine is proudly Canadian.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.