Which one should I go for? McMaster Business 1 vs uOttawa Commerce | Student Matrix

Which one should I go for? McMaster Business 1 vs uOttawa Commerce

Currently reading:
Which one should I go for? McMaster Business 1 vs uOttawa Commerce

ReadingPro

Jun 1, 2020
Hi guys, i have passion for commerce or finace sector. So, I am thinking of either going to uOttawa commerce or Mcmaster Business 1. Which one do you think will fit my aspiration. In terms of co-op and facilities, which one is better?

HeartTicker

Jun 1, 2020
Hi guys, i have passion for commerce or finace sector. So, I am thinking of either going to uOttawa commerce or Mcmaster Business 1. Which one do you think will fit my aspiration. In terms of co-op and facilities, which one is better?
If truly you have passion for commerce, I suggest you try other schools like Waterloo AFM, Laurier BBA, Waterloo/Laurier double degree, Ivey, among others. They seem to be better in commerce or finance than the two schools you mentioned. However, there is no school that isn't difficult, you will be slugging it out with hundreds of other students at both schools so securing a high GPA isn’t exactly a cakewalk. I’d imagine finding a co-op placement in Ottawa would be immensely easier than Hamilton. The only thing Hamilton has is a bunch of car factories, it’s basically the Canadian equivalent of Detroit. Also, if you just want to enter the workforce after undergrad, GPA doesn’t really matter. Most employers don’t care.

Oranolio

Jun 1, 2020
I am still wondering why you want to study at McMaster Business 1. McMaster is more or less a science school. When it comes to commerce, they are not a big name. However, Ottawa is a better city and the program has co-op so I would suggest you pick uOttawa Commerce over Mac.

mirrabellam

Jul 29, 2021
If I were you I would opt for master's in business! I have completed a bachelor's degree in marketing, and that wasn't enough for me. So I decided to enroll in business administration for my master's degree. For my practicum, I've been employed at 2 factoring companies in San Diego and all I can say is that I have learned so many things about management and serving leadership style. This is what is going to teach you the most! What I'm trying to say is that you should look for opportunities to get experience.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.